Re: Strengthen pg_waldump's --save-fullpage tests

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Strengthen pg_waldump's --save-fullpage tests
Дата
Re: Strengthen pg_waldump's --save-fullpage tests  ("Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 07:17:47PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> Note that the raw page on the table might differ not just in page LSN
> but also in other fields, for instance see heap_mask for instance. It
> masks lsn, checksum, hint bits, unused space etc. before verifying FPI
> consistency during recovery in
> verifyBackupPageConsistency().

FWIW, I don't really want to enter in this business here.  That feels
like a good addition of technical debt compared to the potential
gain.
--
Michael

Вложения