Re: Lock on ShmemVariableCache fields?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Lock on ShmemVariableCache fields?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 31, 2022 at 03:14:54PM +0800, Japin Li wrote:
> For example, since SetCommitTsLimit() is only used in BootStrapXLog() and
> StartupXLOG(), we can safely remove the code of acquiring/releasing lock?

Logically yes, I guess that you could go without the LWLock acquired
in this routine at this early stage of the game.  Now, perhaps that's
not worth worrying, but removing these locks could impact any external
code relying on SetCommitTsLimit() to actually hold them.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Check return value of pclose() correctly
Сообщение: Re: Check return value of pclose() correctly