Re: DDL result is lost by CREATE DATABASE with WAL_LOG strategy

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: DDL result is lost by CREATE DATABASE with WAL_LOG strategy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 04:43:22PM -0800, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 05:02:01PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 02:35:30PM -0800, Nathan Bossart wrote:
>>> I'm happy to move this new test to wherever folks think it should go.  I'll
>>> look around to see if I can find a better place, too.
>>
>> I think that src/test/recovery/ is the best fit, because this stresses
>> a code path for WAL replay on pg_class for the template db.  The name
>> is not specific enough, though, why not just using something like
>> 0NN_create_database.pl?
>
> Okay.  I've renamed the test file as suggested in v3.

The test enforces a checkpoint after the table creation on the
template, so what about testing it also without a checkpoint, like the
extended version attached?  I have tweaked a few things in the test,
while on it.
--
Michael

Вложения