Re: Use pg_pwritev_with_retry() instead of write() in dir_open_for_write() to avoid partial writes?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Use pg_pwritev_with_retry() instead of write() in dir_open_for_write() to avoid partial writes?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 04:46:07PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> Then it really shouldn't have been named pg_pwrite_zeros(). The point of the
> p{write,read}{,v} family of functions is to be able to specify the offset to
> read/write at. I assume the p is for position, but I'm not sure.

'p' could stand for POSIX, though both read() and pread() are in it.
Anyway, it looks that your guess may be right:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17877556/what-does-p-stand-for-in-function-names-pwrite-and-pread

Even there, people don't seem completely sure.
--
Michael

Вложения