Re: Force testing of query jumbling code in TAP tests

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Force testing of query jumbling code in TAP tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 09:45:12AM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> Shouldn't there at least be some basic verification of pg_stat_statements
> output being sane after running the test? Even if that's perhaps just actually
> printing the statements.

There is a total of 20k entries in pg_stat_statements if the max is
high enough to store everything.  Only dumping the first 100
characters of each query generates at least 1MB worth of logs, which
would bloat a lot of the buildfarm in each run.  So I would not do
that.  One thing may be perhaps to show a count of the queries in five
categories: select, insert, delete, update and the rest?
--
Michael

Вложения