Installation procedure wishes

От Dmitry Samersoff
Тема Installation procedure wishes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Installing postgres in 20th time, I become ready to
send some wishes.

1. My standard way to install pgsql: make su useradd postgres

**** mkdir ~postgres make install chown -R postgres ~postgres

Is it possible to include last three commands into installation procedure?

2. The most often PGDATA is ~postgres/data              and PGLIB  is ~postgres/lib
Is it possible to use this as default if environment not set?

3. Next step is adding plpgsql into database template1 (or patching creatdb
script) to add plpgsql every time as I create new db

Is it possible to add it as configure option? (i.e. --enable-auto-plpgsql)

Thanks!

---
Dmitry Samersoff, dms@wplus.net, ICQ:3161705
http://devnull.wplus.net