Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00
Дата
Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00
Список pgsql-jdbc
På onsdag 27. august 2014 kl. 10:11:09, skrev Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>:
JasmineLiu wrote:
> I've also got this problem while copy or insert data from MS SQL Server to
> PostgreSQL.
> SQLServer 2008 R2, encoding :GBK
> PostgreSQL 9.3.4, encoding:UTF8
>
> Rather than modify the column value in sql server,
> are  there any other ways to solve this problem?
> Better to give me an  examples.

You will never be able to insert a null character into a PostgreSQL database.
You can either modify the source data or change the data in transit.

This is not 100% true, but is true for text-fields. You can insert \0 into BYTEA columns.

Usually the \0 isn't important so you can do this in JAVA before inserting into PG:

someString.replace('\0', ' ') or someString.replaceAll("\0", "")

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00
Сообщение: Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00