RE: Have pg_basebackup write "dbname" in "primary_conninfo"?

От Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Have pg_basebackup write "dbname" in "primary_conninfo"?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Amit,

> When dbname is NULL or not given, it defaults to username. This
> follows the specs of the connection string. See (dbname #
> The database name. Defaults to be the same as the user name...) [1].
> Your patch breaks that specs, so I don't think it is correct.

I have proposed the point because I thought pg_basebackup basically wanted to do
a physical replication. But if the general libpq rule is stronger than it, we
should not apply my add_NULL_check.txt. Let's forget it.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED
https://www.fujitsu.com/