RE: speed up a logical replica setup

От Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: speed up a logical replica setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear hackers,

Since the original author seems bit busy, I updated the patch set.

> 01.
> ```
> /* Options */
> static const char *progname;
>
> static char *primary_slot_name = NULL;
> static bool dry_run = false;
>
> static bool success = false;
>
> static LogicalRepInfo *dbinfo;
> static int    num_dbs = 0;
> ```
>
> The comment seems out-of-date. There is only one option.

Changed the comment to /* Global variables */.

> 02. check_subscriber and check_publisher
>
> Missing pg_catalog prefix in some lines.

This has been already addressed in v18.

> 03. get_base_conninfo
>
> I think dbname would not be set. IIUC, dbname should be a pointer of the pointer.

This has been already addressed in v18.

> 04.
>
> I check the coverage and found two functions have been never called:
>  - drop_subscription
>  - drop_replication_slot
>
> Also, some cases were not tested. Below bullet showed notable ones for me.
> (Some of them would not be needed based on discussions)
>
> * -r is specified
> * -t is specified
> * -P option contains dbname
> * -d is not specified
> * GUC settings are wrong
> * primary_slot_name is specified on the standby
> * standby server is not working
>
> In feature level, we may able to check the server log is surely removed in case
> of success.
>
> So, which tests should be added? drop_subscription() is called only when the
> cleanup phase, so it may be difficult to test. According to others, it seems that
> -r and -t are not tested. GUC-settings have many test cases so not sure they
> should be. Based on this, others can be tested.

This has been already addressed in v18.

PSA my top-up patch set.

V19-0001: same as Euler's patch, v17-0001.
V19-0002: Update docs per recent changes. Also, some adjustments were done.
V19-0003: Modify the alignment of codes. Mostly same as v18-0002.
V19-0004: Change an argument of get_base_conninfo. Same as v18-0003.
=== experimental patches ===
V19-0005: Add testcases. Same as v18-0004.
V19-0006: Update a comment above global variables.
V19-0007: Address comments from Vignesh.
V19-0008: Fix error message in get_bin_directory().
V19-0009: Remove -P option. Same as v18-0005.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED
https://www.fujitsu.com/