Re: pg_upgrade from PG-14.5 to PG-15.1 failing due to non-existing function

От Dimos Stamatakis
Тема Re: pg_upgrade from PG-14.5 to PG-15.1 failing due to non-existing function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

## Dimos Stamatakis (dimos.stamatakis@servicenow.com):

> In our scenario we changed the permissions of this function in PG14.5
> (via an automated tool) and then pg_upgrade tries to change the
> permissions in PG15.1 as well.

Given that this function wasn't even documented and did nothing but
throw an error "function close_lb not implemented" - couldn't you
revert that permissions change for the upgrade? (if it comes to the
worst, a superuser could UPDATE pg_catalog.pg_proc and set proacl
to NULL for that function, but that's not how you manage ACLs in
production, it's for emergency fixing only).

Thanks Christoph! Actually, I already tried reverting the permissions but pg_upgrade attempts to replicate the revert SQL statement as well 😊
It would be nice to make pg_upgrade ignore some statements while upgrading.

As David mentions, we can alter the patch to ignore dropped functions.

Thanks,
Dimos
(ServiceNow)