Re: location of the configuration files

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: location of the configuration files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, scott.marlowe wrote:

> Asking for everything in a directory with the name local in it to be
> shared is kind of counter intuitive to me.

Not really. If you install a particular program that doesn't come with
the OS on one machine on your site, why would you not want to install it
separately on all of the others?

Typically, I want my favourite non-OS utilities on all machines, not
just one. (Even if I don't use them on all machines.) Thus /usr/local is
for site-local stuff.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org   Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're