Re: cgywin-postgres install

От Michael Adler
Тема Re: cgywin-postgres install
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
On Sat, 11 May 2002, Leland F. Jackson, CPA wrote:

> After connecting to postres via pgAdmin II, I tried to create a new database
> and received the following error:
>
>    ERROR CREATE DATABASE:  could not initialize database directory.

What command did you type that gave this error?

You create databases with "createdb somedatabase". If you tried to use
"initdb somedatabase", that won't work. You only need to initdb once for
each version of postgresql.

> Does someone hold a pearl of wisdom that would unlock the brick wall I
> am up against.

Mike

Сообщение: Re: rename() vs. link(); building from source
Сообщение: Re: rename() vs. link(); building from source