Re: scheduling stored procedure

От Ben
Тема Re: scheduling stored procedure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Traditionally, postgres lets other tools do things they're good at.....
like scheduling scripts to run every hour. :) I seem to recall there was a
postgres-specific scheduler project somebody started, but I cannot seem to
recall what it was called, much less how far along the project was.

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Alain Roger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a temporary table in which i store all emails of users who want to
> receive a newsletter.
> to avoid spamming and to limit the size of this table, i would like to
> delete all requests (records) which are older than 72 hours.
>
> i was thinking to execute each hour a stored procedure which will check the
> time and date (of now) if it is greater than "registration request time"
> stored in this temporary table.
> if it is greater, so record will be deleted.
>
> does postgresql have such timer (something like "cron" under unix/linux) ?
>
> thanks a lot,
>
> --
> Alain
> Windows XP SP2
> PostgreSQL 8.2.4 / MS SQL server 2005
> Apache 2.2.4
> PHP 5.2.4
> C# 2005-2008

Сообщение: Re: scheduling stored procedure
Сообщение: Re: scheduling stored procedure