Re: Slow Postgresql server

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: Slow Postgresql server
Дата
Strangely Variable Query Performance  (Steve <cheetah@tanabi.org>)
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 10:19, Guido Neitzer wrote:
>> On 12.04.2007, at 08:59, Ron wrote:
>

>> Depends. As I said - if the whole DB fits into the remaining space,
>> and a lot of website backend DBs do, it might just work out. But this
>> seems not to be the case - either the site is chewing on seq scans
>> all the time which will cause I/O or it is bound by the lack of
>> memory and swaps the whole time ... He has to find out.
>
> It could also be something as simple as a very bloated data store.
>
> I'd ask the user what vacuum verbose says at the end

You know, I should answer emails at night...we didn't ask when the last time
the data was vacuumed or analyzed and I believe he indicated that the only
non-default values were memory related, so no autovacuum running.

Jason,

Before you go any further, run 'vacuum analyze;' on your DB if you're not
doing this with regularity and strongly consider enabling autovacuum.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/