Re: postgresql and oracle, compatibility assessment

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: postgresql and oracle, compatibility assessment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Martin Matusiak writes:

> I am doing a project for college developing a java system utilizing a
> RDBMS. The choice is between PostgreSQL and Oracle and I'm wondering
> exactly how impossible would it be to make it compatible with both.

I tried to do something like that recently and the way Oracle handles
many perfectly innocent SQL commands is completely craptacular.  Don't try
it, especially with Oracle 8.  (9 is better in some regards.)

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Сообщение: Re: Hard problem with concurrency
Сообщение: Re: Hard problem with concurrency