Re: tweak CREATE SEQUENCE grammar

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: tweak CREATE SEQUENCE grammar
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Neil Conway writes:

> They've started balloting, at least according to the blurb at the
> beginning of my copy of the standard.

It seems that the proposed standard's sequence generators have a number of
syntactical and semantic differences from ours, including the syntax to
retrieve the next value, set the current value, define "serial" columns,
and the fact that the sequences are apparently not allowed to contain
holes.  So I suggest that we address all of theses issues (at least on the
syntax side) at once -- if we want to address them at all.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net