Re: PgAccess directory structure

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: PgAccess directory structure
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Nigel J. Andrews writes:

> That the lib directory gain one level of subdirectories called
> Pg<postgres-version>, that code specific to backend version be placed in these
> directories and that version independent code by kept in the lib directory.

Other tools that try to handle more than one version usually just do a

if (backend_version < 7.2) do this;
else do that;

(examples: JDBC, ODBC, pg_dump).  (Even if "do this" would be empty, you
can print a message or something.)

Keeping a separate file for each version may lead to a lot of duplicate
code being necessary and hard to maintain.  (All the module-loading stuff
you mentioned makes my head spin, but I can understand an "if" statement
like the above. ;-) )

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net