Re: Postgresql connection & savepoints

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Postgresql connection & savepoints
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Geoffrey van Dooren wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> i'm newbie using postgresql and the jdbc driver,
> i want to make transactions with Connection.savePoint("name");
> this feature is not implemented and i want to know if somebody
> have already developped this feature or if there is somewhere
> a tutorial to help me in development of this feature.

The JDBC driver does not support savepoints because the backend does not
support savepoints/nested transactions.  Some poeple are working on that,
but I'm under the impression that it hasn't gotten much farther than
some planning and preliminary work.  When the backend has support for this
feature you can expect the JDBC driver to get support shortly thereafter.

Kris Jurka