Re: COPY support

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: COPY support
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, ritchie turner wrote:

> I'm trying to optimise some sql inserts I have by using the COPY command
> instead. I'm connecting from Java using 7.4 beta 3.  It works at the command
> line, but I can't get it to work from Java. I'm doing an executeUpdate() on
> the COPY string below in the hope it works, but ....

COPY requires special protocol level support so this won't work.

> I see there was some traffic on this list regard special copy support in the
> driver, did it make it in? Can't see it.

In February of last year Michael Adler made a patch to support copy, but
it was rejected because the copy protocol was broken and a bad copy would
completely hose your Connection.  With the new V3 protocol in 7.4 it makes
copy errors recoverable so it can be implemented safely.  It's on my todo
list to update his patch for the current driver, but I haven't gotten to
it.

Kris Jurka