Re: Server side resultset search (for performance reasons)

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Server side resultset search (for performance reasons)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, David Wall wrote:

> > I'm surprised no one has yet suggested using a cursor.
>
> Some people don't use cursors because creating and using them requires
> db-specific code inside their otherwise vanilla JDBC.  Of course, using
> LIMIT/OFFSET is also db-specific...

Actually, cursors are sql spec, i.e. any SQL92 database that supports
transactions likely supports cursors, at least static ones.

limit/offset, like you mention, are not spec in sql 92.  They looked like
they might have been considered, as they are in the older versions listed
as reserved keywords though.