Re: JAVA vs PERL : PERL wins to postgreSQL

От Anders Bengtsson
Тема Re: JAVA vs PERL : PERL wins to postgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, andy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I ran a few bench marks on JAVA writing to a postgreSQL table using  and
> found that for the same number of records added to the table as a
> similar PERL routine the following results :
>      PERL 39 seconds : JAVA 45 Seconds.

How did you start the tests? For Java to really show it's strengh it
usually requires a few warm-up runs, so that the JIT or Hotspot optimizers
get started.
But I still wouldn't be surprised if perl was faster. I'm sure it's easier
to write a DBI/DBD driver than a JDBC driver.

/Anders