Re: a "huge" table with small rows and culumns

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: a "huge" table with small rows and culumns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Feng Xue wrote:

> after I use VACUUM command to clean up the database, the table size
> shrinked from 25M to 0.5M, which is a BIG IMPROVEMENT!

If this is a production database that is being used by a lot of people,
you should run the vacuum on a regular basis, like maybe overnight as a
cron job.

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
History is curious stuff
    You'd think by now we had enough
Yet the fact remains I fear
    They make more of it every year.

Сообщение: Re: a "huge" table with small rows and culumns
Сообщение: Re: a "huge" table with small rows and culumns