Re: Open Source Database Routs Competition in New Benchmark Tests

От Matthew Kirkwood
Тема Re: Open Source Database Routs Competition in New Benchmark Tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, merlin wrote:

> Given all this performance discussion, has anyone seen any
> numbersregarding the speed of PostgreSQl vs Oracle?

Oracle and MS SQL Server must have been the two
"leading commercial RDBMSes" mentioned in the
article.

The licencing of both of those expressly forbids
publishing benchmark results (including, we can
probably assume from the wording of the article,
even referring directly to such).

That said, it would be nice to see some actual
numbers and configurations for the postgresql end
of things;  What hardware was used?  What versions
of what system software?  What OS tuning was done?
What parameters were supplied to postgres?

Matthew.

Сообщение: Re: Open Source Database Routs Competition in New Benchmark Tests
Сообщение: Re: Open Source Database Routs Competition in New Benchmark Tests