Character Constants

От Bruce Tong
Тема Character Constants
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I found in the documention where you can use \tab and from playing I see I
can use \n in a string and \ooo and use an octal value, but I've not found
a way to include a character based on a hex representation of its ascii
code...

\x03
\X03
\0x03
\0X03

...all failed in cases like this ...

INSERT INTO mytable ( mystring ) VALUES ( 'This is a \x03 character.' );

... so what's the trick? I hope I'm not missing something obvious.

--

Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer         |  Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.