Re: postgres 7.0.2

От Dominic J. Eidson
Тема Re: postgres 7.0.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Thomas Swan wrote:

> Actually, I think I understand the question.  The original person wants to
> be able to do a query and get a result containing a list of
> databases.   AFAIK, there isn't a way to do this using standard SQL-like
> statements.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

SELECT pg_database.datname as "Database", pg_user.usename as "Owner" FROM      pg_database, pg_user WHERE
pg_database.datdba= pg_user.usesysid

UNION
SELECT pg_database.datname as "Database", NULL as "Owner" FROM pg_database      WHERE pg_database.datdba NOT IN (SELECT
usesysidFROM pg_user)       ORDER BY "Database";

(Which is what psql sends to the backend in response to the "\l" command.)

--
Dominic J. Eidson                                       "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli
http://www.the-infinite.org/              http://www.the-infinite.org/~dominic/