Re: [HACKERS] Interesting index/LIKE/join slowness problems

От Ole Gjerde
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Interesting index/LIKE/join slowness problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Tom Lane wrote:
> I was wrong about that --- the executor *does* handle OR'd indexqual
> conditions, basically by performing a new indexscan for each OR'd
> condition.  (That's why EXPLAIN is listing the index multiple times.)
> The trouble with OR-of-ANDs is entirely the optimizer's fault; the
> executor would do them fine if the optimizer would only hand them over
> in that form.
> > What would be the outlook on fixing the problem and not the symptom? :)
> I plan to look into fixing this for 6.6, but don't hold your breath
> waiting...

Thanks for giving the very detailed explanation!

Since we really need to have this work, or go with a different database,
we would be willing to pay someone to fix this problem.  Would anybody be
interested in doing this, how soon and how much?  It would be preferable
that this would be a patch that would be accepted back into postgres for
6.6.

Thanks,
Ole Gjerde
Avsupport Inc.