Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> >    And what a pros and cons for NCHAR?
> I was hoping you would tell me! :)
  I can see only one advantage for NCHAR - those fields that aren't NCHAR
will not use strcoll() for comparison.  But I cannot remember one filed in my database that does not contain
russian characters. Even my WWW logs contain them.  So in any case I am forced to make all my fields NCHAR, and this
is
exactly what we have now - postgres compiled with --enable-locale makes all
char NCHAR.

>                        - Thomas
> --
> Thomas Lockhart                lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu
> South Pasadena, California

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.

От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] "DML"
От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] "DML"...CREATE ACRONYM statement