Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > I believe we can make the assumption, that if you --enable-locale, but do not
> > use --with-mb, then you are using single-byte locales and therefore the hack
> > might work properly.
>
> I believe at least one person uses both --enable-locale and --with-mb
> for single byte locale.
  I think it's me. But very soon all in Russia will use locale+mb for koi8
and win1251 locales - all of us are always in need to convert between them.
Making Postgres convert on-the-fly is big win.

> Once I propsed another solution to BSD/OS guy (I don't remember who he
> was) and asked him to check if it worked. Unfortunately I got no
> answer from him. Then I merged it into #ifdef MULTIBYTE sections in
  I remember he raised the issue few times, and finally we agreed on
-funsigned-char. I think, he got a working Postgres and locale after all.

> regcomp.c and it seems work at least for cyrillic locale (Thanks Oleg
> for testing!).
  Works now pretty good!

> ---
> Tatsuo Ishii

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.

От: Oleg Broytmann
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: locales and MB (was: Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem)