Re: [GENERAL] [Fwd: PostgreSQL - Desparate!]

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: [GENERAL] [Fwd: PostgreSQL - Desparate!]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, David Hartwig wrote:

> This happens to us whenever the cleaning lady gets behind the server and
> kicks the plug.   We put wrapper script around the postmaster to clean up
> these and any orphaned sort files.    My guess is that the "rm /tmp/*" at
> boot time does not remove the hidden dot files.

I put a line in rc.sysinit to explictly remove any .s.PGSQL* files (right
after the line that deletes old PID and .X files).  Haven't had a problem
starting up the postmaster since doing so.  If you need to remove hidden
dot files, you need to use 'rm /tmp/.*' -- you need the leading dot.

Brett W. McCoy
                                        http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy/
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
   -- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972