Re: [GENERAL] Problem with compiled C

От Howie
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Problem with compiled C
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, [iso-8859-1] H�ctor Morales wrote:

> Charles Tassell wrote:
> >[SNIP]
> >   To compile C programs you need to add the pq library, so use something like:
> > gcc -o test test.c -lpq
> [SNIP]
> Excellent pgaccess  work is great.
>
> So  when I compiled my program in C use
> gcc -o prueba prueba.c  -llibpq.so
>
> responde
>     /usr/bin/ld: cannot open -llibpg.so : no such file or directory
>     collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I  probe with
> gcc -o prueba prueba.c  -llibpq.so -L/usr/lib

gcc -o prueba prueba.c -L/usr/lib -lpq

-l tells gcc ( the linker, actually ) to look for lib<whatever follows the
-l>.  ie: -lm == libm, -lpq == libpq.

-llibpq.so == liblibpq.so.  obviously that file doesnt exist.

more information can be obtained via 'info gcc' or 'man gcc'.

---
Howie <caffeine@toodarkpark.org>   URL: http://www.toodarkpark.org
"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Problem with compiled C
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Problem with compiled C