Re: [GENERAL] ElephantWear Now Available...

От Thomas Good
Тема Re: [GENERAL] ElephantWear Now Available...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Thomas Good wrote:
>
> > I like the ballcap, believe I'll order one...
> >
> > BTW, Scrappy - I expect I have one cd remaining on my sub.
> > Are you planning on burning any copies of 6.5.1 for the sub
> > recipients?
>
> It was my opinion (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that it
> would be inappropriate to send a subscriber a minor-minor release...I was
> only doing minor releases todate (6.4, 6.5, etc), except where someone
> orders when v6.5.1 is active (we burn them on the spot)...

Hmm...maybe I dozed off but I don't seem to have received 6.5...
I looked in my collection here and I have 6.3 and 6.4 but no 6.5.
Could be the USPS I suppose.  They're almost as competent as Canada
Post (scary, eh?)

> If you want a v6.5.1 CD sent to you, I have no problem with that, don't
> get me wrong, but it was my opinion that those having it sent to them
> wouldn't want to get a second CD within a short period of time after the
> release, and counting as part of their subscription...

From my perspective, I'd just as soon not get the 6.X as the 6.X.1 (or 2)
is usually a bit tighter.

Anyway, I should be due to expire soon.  Do you send out a notification
to subscribers who are on their last disk?

Cheers,
Tom

------- North Richmond Community Mental Health Center -------

Thomas Good                                   MIS Coordinator
Vital Signs:                  tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
                                          Phone: 718-354-5528
                                          Fax:   718-354-5056

/* Member: Computer Professionals For Social Responsibility */