Re: [INTERFACES] Progress on JDBC Driver for PostgreSQL?

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Progress on JDBC Driver for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Bryan Hane wrote:

> I have a java application that currently interacts with other database
> successfully. InterBase to be specific an windows based database. I am
> trring to get the same application to run with postgresql. I have the
> newest version of postgresql. My os is linux. I have found the JDBC
> driver is not as complete as other JDBC drivers.
> I was curious as to how the development of the driver was coming and
> what is being worked on now.
> bryan

The driver is under continual development. As for the JDBC standard, we
are getting there. The only major thing that's missing is
CallableStatement. Apart from that, the driver does have some postgresql
specific extensions, which can provide some useful and unique features.

--
Peter T Mount  petermount@earthling.net or pmount@maidast.demon.co.uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder