Re: Decreasing WAL size effects

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Decreasing WAL size effects
Дата
Re: Decreasing WAL size effects
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Tom Lane wrote:

> The real reason not to put that functionality into core (or even
> contrib) is that it's a stopgap kluge.  What the people who want this
> functionality *really* want is continuous (streaming) log-shipping, not
> WAL-segment-at-a-time shipping.

Sure, and that's why I didn't care when this got kicked out of the March
CommitFest; was hoping a better one would show up.  But if 8.4 isn't going
out the door with the feature people really want, it would be nice to at
least make the stopgap kludge more easily available.

Сообщение: Re: Are there plans to add data compression feature to postgresql?
Сообщение: Re: Are there plans to add data compression feature to postgresql?