Re: Patch to allow setting schema/search_path in the connectionURL

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Patch to allow setting schema/search_path in the connectionURL
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> I think it would be more useful to provide a way to set any GUC variable in
> the connection string, not just search_path.

In previous discussions:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-02/thrd2.php#00022

One significant roadblock was how to handle the Datasource implementation
which needs to know all the available GUC parameters at compile time:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-02/msg00037.php

I'm not particularly excited about enumerating them all and the suggested
alternative methods of passing these values in Properties, String[][]
don't seem terribly appealing

Kris Jurka