Re: Using ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK functionality in JDBC

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Using ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK functionality in JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006, Koth, Christian (DWBI) wrote:

> I would need the same functionality using JDBC. So I could continue with
> my batch insert even if one or more statements fail. Right now I'm
> committing the transaction after each insert.
>
> I have thought of the following:
>
> 1. Checking constraints before calling insert. (to slow)
> 2. Creating a user defined savepoint before each insert,
>   and rolling back to this savepoint if the insert fails. (not tried yet)
>
> What would you recommend? Is it possible to set ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK for
> JDBC transactions?

The JDBC driver does not currently support this behavior and if it did it
would implement it using 2) behind the scenes, so that's a good approach.

Also it's not clear what you mean by a batch, but the use of savepoints
will not allow things like Statement.executeBatch() to commit parts of a
batch.  It's all or nothing for these.

Kris Jurka