Re: Patch to reduce the number of messages to translate

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Patch to reduce the number of messages to translate
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Xavier Poinsard wrote:

> The attached patch reduces the number of messages to translate by using
> a parameter to regroup similar messages.
> For example "Bad short" => "Bad {0}" with "short" as argument.
> This way "Bad int" becomes "Bad {0}" we have reduced the number of
> messages to translate.

Is this a good idea?  I'm willing to take your word as someone who
actually does translations, but I wanted to confirm that parameterizing
the message in this way won't cause translation problems.  Is this only a
reasonable thing to do because the existing error message text isn't all
that informative?

Kris Jurka