Re: Detecting SQL_ASCII databases

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Detecting SQL_ASCII databases
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> >>8.0 backends report the server_encoding value of the database via
> >>ParameterStatus during startup. I'd like to use this to detect SQL_ASCII
> >>databases and complain loudly.

Sounds good to me as long as we can make existing "broken" setups still
work (at least as well as they do now).  I was initially hesitant because
you seemed to want to force people to encode their data correctly
(requiring a dump/reload).  If they just need to set a URL parameter
acknowledging that their setup isn't quite right, that's low impact.

Kris Jurka