Re: raising the default prepareTheshold

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: raising the default prepareTheshold
Дата
Re: raising the default prepareTheshold
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> I'd like to raise the default prepareThreshold to some non-zero value,
> perhaps 5 or so. This means that PreparedStatements that are used more
> than 5 times will allocate and use a named backend statement.

Seems like a good idea and I think five is a nice conservative number.

At the same time do you think we should change the default fetchSize to
1000 or so?  Even though it only works for FORWARD_ONLY ResultSets it
could reduce the number of complaints we see here without much penalty.
Previously the cursor implementation was more limiting by ruling out
server prepared statements.

Kris Jurka