Re: Race condition in

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Race condition in
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Dave Cramer wrote:

> 7.4.1 is quite old now, upgrading is advisable. We really don't
> backpatch that far back.

Yes, we do (or at least should).  The 7.4 branch is the production version
and should be maintained.  Even once 8.0 is released, the 7.4 series
server will be around for a while.  The 8.0 driver has a number of major
changes to it that make automatically saying "use the 8.0 driver with a
7.4 server" not a great idea.  Specifically I'm thinking about the use of
prepared statements on the unnamed portal and when they get planned.

I've fixed this on the 7.4 branch as this was apparently accidentally
removed when merging a patch.

Kris Jurka