Re: Your RDBMS Survey ...

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: Your RDBMS Survey ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, mycgiserver wrote:

> Hi,
>
> well, actually we noticed that some person voted hundreds of times for ONE
> item (which has to be the PostgreSQL one). That was a single person though,
> not multiple individuals.

Just curious, but how did you determine this?  As there is no login
information required to complete the survey ... if based off of IP, why
not setup a database for logging the votes, including the IP of the person
making the vote.  Using something like PHP, you could easily save:

REMOTE_ADDR <database>

and if REMOTE_ADDR already exists, don't add another record for it ... so
that now you've restricted voting to be one per IP ...