Re: Installation problems was Re: is this list live?

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Installation problems was Re: is this list live?
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Vince,
>
> > Oh, Ok.  Are they known for installing the entire OS or do they leave
> > out the development stuff?  I remember reading not too long ago that
> > someone isn't putting the development stuff on by default but I don't
> > recall who.
>
> On the 420 (the model I'm using) they leave out a lot of the development
> stuff.  It's sold as a workstation.  However, I've been installing the
> stuff myself.
>
> I used the RPMs off PostgreSQL.org to install.  I believe that the first
> time (this machine had a disk partitioning problem and I had to
> re-install everything) I built from source as the RPM's weren't
> available, but I'm not really sure.
>
> BTW, Jeff MacDonald at PG-SQL Inc. is working on this (I have a support
> contract) but he isn't making much headway so any help is appreciated.

Well I'm sure he's reading/listening so I'll tell you both.

If it were me, what I'd do (aside from using FreeBSD instead of Linux,
but that's another thing) first is find all of the developers RPMs and get
them installed.

Then install PostgreSQL from sources.

Then build and install any and all of the extra packages you want to use
with php (I build imapd, gd and mcrypt - something else too but I can't
think of it off hand).

Since I use apache instead of Xitami I'll give the apache version.

Configure apache with the options you want.

Configure php with all of the options and extra stuff (imapd, etc) and
without mysql.  Make and make install.

If you have all of your development stuff installed correctly, all of
these steps should just flow (except for the occasional build errors
in apache wrt mcrypt.

Lastly, make sure you've added any necessary libraries to either your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or your ldconfig or whatever applies to your OS.

Build hint:  In any directory you run configure in with any extra
switches, create a script file with all of the switches in it.  eg:

#!/bin/sh

./configure \
    --without-mysql \
    --with-apache=../apache_1.3.14 \

... and so on.   Yes, Marc I got that idea from you.  :)

That way if you need to rebuild it you only need to execute the script.

Hope it helps!!

Vince.
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: