RE: [PHP-DB] Interbase or MySQL ??? (fwd)

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема RE: [PHP-DB] Interbase or MySQL ??? (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Actually, MySQL itself does not support transactions, and, from what I can
tell, it never will.  Berkeley DB, though, does support transactions ...
what MySQL has done is provided an SQL interface over top of Berkeley DB
files to give the *appearance* of transactions ...

Basically, MySQL remains a "flat file database with an SQL front
end" ... *shrug*   They couldn't even do it on their own, they had to get
a third party software package to do it for them.  Which, for them, is
good ... Berkeley DB v3.1.14(?) had a corruption problem that was fixed in
subsequent releases ... if you tried to use that for your transaction(s),
you couldn't blame MySQL for the problem, since it wasn't their code
... plausible deniability ...