JDBC + large objects problem

От Patrick Goodwill
Тема JDBC + large objects problem
Дата
Re: JDBC + large objects problem
Список pgsql-interfaces
I'm trying to use JDBC and BLOBS to store large amounts of text in a
database.  I get a strange error when I try to use the conventional JDBC
interface... it comes out with a SQL Exceptions of:

"InputStream as parameter not supported"

for the code:
    Connection conn = pool.getConnection();            PreparedStatement pstmt =     conn.prepareStatement("INSERT INTO
t"+ book                   + "_data (author_id, title, text,                                     type) VALUES ( ?, ?,
?,?)");    pstmt.setInt(1, userId);    pstmt.setString(2, title);    InputStream textStream = stringToStream(text);
pstmt.setBinaryStream(3,textStream, text.length());    pstmt.setInt(4, type);    pstmt.executeUpdate();
pstmt.close();

... with some helper functions....
   private InputStream stringToStream(String string) {byte[] bytes = string.getBytes();ByteArrayInputStream stream =
newByteArrayInputStream(bytes);return (InputStream) stream;   }

   private String      streamToString(InputStream stream) {try {    int length = stream.available();    byte[] bytes =
newbyte[length];    stream.read(bytes);    return new String(bytes);} catch (IOException e) {    System.out.println("No
Stream");}returnnull;   }

with an abbreviated schema of....

>> \d t1_data                              Table "t1_data"Attribute |  Type   |                       Modifier
                        nextval('t1_data_data_id_seq'::text)author_id | integer |title     | text    |text      | oid
 |type      | integer |time      | time    |

Index: t1_data_pkey

.... using postgresql 7.0 and the newest JDBC driver from retep.org.uk

if ya'll have any ideas why it does what it does, i just might kiss your
feet.  =)

-Patrick.