benchmarks - anyone can make em

От Jeff MacDonald
Тема benchmarks - anyone can make em
Дата
Re: benchmarks - anyone can make em  (Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I have a friend who works at IBM on DB2, i showed
her "the benchmark" just for kicks.. (we teach each
other over who's is better etc.. all good fun)

anyway she sends me back this article about how DB2
blows the lid off of TPC-C.. just proof that any
benchmark can mean anything..

at the same time i talked to a friend, who's a strong
postgres proponent, he was curious as to what size
the databases the postgres benchmarks were done on..

ned maybe you can field this second question.

Jeff MacDonald,

PostgreSQL Inc        | Hub.Org Networking Services
jeff@pgsql.com        | jeff@hub.org
www.pgsql.com        | www.hub.org
1-902-542-0713        | 1-902-542-3657
Fascimile : 1 902 542 5386