Re: [HACKERS] Re: Freezing docs for v6.5

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Freezing docs for v6.5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Isn't minor bugfixing in 6.5.1 a no-no.  We only do major fixes in those
> > > minor releases, right?
> >
> > *raised eyebrow*  Wouldn't minor-bugfixing be "safer" then major ones?
> >

> I thought we only fixed must-fix bugs in minor releases because there
> was too much of a risk that any fix will break too many things, and
> there is little testing of minor releases, so we fix as few things as
> possible.

sorry, heat was hitting me over here :)  minor releases are meant to fix
things like 'it doesn't quite install cleaning on X platform', where the
fix is harmless...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6