database access authentication: crypted passwords

От Dmitry Morozovsky
Тема database access authentication: crypted passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello there.

Is there any workable solutions to use crypt()ed passwords in pg_shadow?

And, is there a plan to differentiate postgres super-user from other
superusers, so that they, e.g.,  cannot change other superusers records in
pg_shadow (only their own and non-superuser records)?

Thanx in advance; please CC your answer to my own e-mail as I'm not
subscribed to the mailing list.

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***