Re: .pgpass

От
Тема Re: .pgpass
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> I suggest you edit /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/do.maintenance and add a line
>   set -x
> at line 2.  Then you will be able to see exactly what command it is
> trying to run.

++ /usr/bin/psql -q -X -t -d template1 -P border=0 -c '
SELECT      datname
  FROM      pg_database
  WHERE     datallowconn
  ORDER BY  datname'
Password:
psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
+ dblist=
+ IFS=

+ /usr/bin/psql -d template1 -t -q -X
Password:
psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

My guess is it is that -X (disallow reading of a .psqlrc file) is
somehow turning off the reading of any .pgpass file.

Gord