RE: Popcount optimization using AVX512

От Devulapalli, Raghuveer
Тема RE: Popcount optimization using AVX512
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Thanks for the feedback.  I've attached an updated patch.

(1) Shouldn't it be: return (_xgetbv(0) & 0xe6) == 0xe6; ? Otherwise zmm_regs_available() will return false.
(2) Nitpick: avx512_popcnt_available and avx512_bw_available() run the same cpuid leaf. You could combine them into one
toavoid running cpuid twice. My apologies, I should have mentioned this before.