RE: Slow catchup of 2PC (twophase) transactions on replica in LR

От Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Slow catchup of 2PC (twophase) transactions on replica in LR
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Vitaly,

> I looked at the patch and realized that I can't try it easily in the near future
> because the solution I'm working on is based on PG16 or earlier. This patch is
> not easily applicable to the older releases. I have to port my solution to the
> master, which is not done yet.

We also tried to port our patch for PG16, but the largest barrier was that a
replication command ALTER_SLOT is not supported. Since the slot option two_phase
can't be modified, it is difficult to skip decoding PREPARE command even when
altering the option from true to false.
IIUC, Adding a new feature (e.g., replication command) for minor updates is generally
prohibited

We must consider another approach for backpatching, but we do not have solutions
for now.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED