RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby

От Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday, February 23, 2024 1:22 PM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the patches. Had a quick look at v95_2, here are some
> trivial comments:

Thanks for the comments.

> 6) streaming replication standby server slot names that logical walsender
> processes will wait for
>
> Is it better to say it like this? (I leave this to your preference)
>
> streaming replication standby server slot names for which logical
> walsender processes will wait.

I feel the current one seems better, so didn’t change. Other comments have been
addressed. Here is the V97 patch set which addressed Shveta's comments.

Besides, I'd like to clarify and discuss the behavior of standby_slot_names once.

As it stands in the patch, If the slots specified in standby_slot_names are
dropped or invalidated, the logical walsender will issue a WARNING and continue
to replicate the changes. Another option for this could be to have the
walsender pause until the slot in standby_slot_names is re-created or becomes
valid again. Does anyone else have an opinion on this matter ?

Best Regards,
Hou zj

Вложения